Sunday, September 21, 2008

Embird Help: Yamada Taro

I got Embird- I LOVE it- but I am still learning! I am trying to make a patch now that has Yamada Taro in Kanji (Japanese Characters) for part of a costume for Jason. But I am having problems getting it to work right. I knew that Embird would not be compatible with my IME (Input Method Editor) so I used PhotoShop to create an image that I later imported into Embird and used the AutoTrace tool. Sounds good so far, right?

Here is the image:



The Problem: I import and everything is fine except for the following problems:
1. on the first character (Yama) the last vertical stroke is not rendering.
2. on the second character (da) the ONLY line that renders is the first vertical stroke.

Does anyone know how to fix this?



UPDATE
Problem FIXED!!!! I ended up breaking the two kanji that the AutoTrace tool could not render into parts and that worked. I now have my embroidery ready to go. Too tired now to test it- so will do so tomorrow (it is almost 2am!!!) :)

No comments: