Friday, April 25, 2008

PhotoShop: Camouflage Plug In

I just found this awesome plug in for Photo Shop that creates camouflage patterns! I was looking for it to fill in pants for a wardrobe storyboard. Since I also use camouflage for many other things (scrapbooking, my blog (obviously) and my website) this plug in will be *very* useful to me.

You can get it here:
Camouflage Plug In

I have tried it out and it works wonderfully!

What I love about this plug in:
It's FREE! (how can you beat that??)
You can create your own colors (for instance I can create pink or purple camouflage patterns too)
If you know how to use PhotoShop already, this is really easy to figure out how to use.
You can change the scale so it is really easy to make 'small' camouflage prints for use in wardrobe storyboards.

What I don't like about this plug in:
Well- what's not to like? I can't think of anything I don't like about it. I DO wish that they had included a "digital camo" version- even just one so it would be easy to create that pattern in any color scheme. But hey- it's FREE! :)

Here, on the left, is my image for my common woodland camouflage pants. This is Simplicity 3763 View A for my wardrobe plan storyboard. On the right I created the same pants pattern with the same view- and created a purple version of the woodland camouflage. I actually don't have this fabric so it is not in my wardrobe plan- but I wanted to make it and post it here to show you that it can be done!

If I get a lot of requests for it, I can post a tutorial on how to make your own wardrobe storyboard, including how to use this plug in to create camouflage patterns to include in your storyboards.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

That is so neat! But how in the world do plug-ins work!? I have CS3 and have NEVER used them! LOL

Atheris said...

Oh- I think I need to do a tute! LOL- I just started organizing my sewing room (and my out-of-control fabric stash) and so am exhausted. But I will try to get a tute up soon and walk you through it. It is awesome. I wish I could find a plaid and stripes plug in. I found one- but it is not free. I might just buy it though since it is just $20.

And lucky you for having CS3!! I still am working with CS2. But I do love it!

Adrienne said...

Thank you! That would be AWESOME!! I LOVE CS3~~~ It is fantastic!